We are strategically located among Boston’s historic North Shore communities of Ipswich, Newburyport, Georgetown, Portsmouth, Gloucester & Rockport, Salem, Plum Island & Beaches. This Inn is one of the most Romantic Inns along the Boston North Shore. Train service is available to and from Rowley, Newburyport and Boston. Guests can also take the train in Ipswich (3 miles South). Click here for the MBTA Train Schedule.
There are many year round events in the area including Yankee Homecoming in Newburyport, Olde Ipswich Days Arts & Crafts Festival in July, Sandcastle Building Competition at Crane Beach in August, and don’t forget the fireworks display on the 4th of July at Castle Hill.
Neighboring Ipswich is well known for its period 17th century homes; fifty-eight houses in town were built prior to 1725 – the largest number still standing and occupied of any community in the country. Visit the Ipswich Historical Society and tour the Heard House or Whipple House Museum. Drive thru town and over the oldest stone arch bridge in the country.
There are many area Flea Markets and Antique shops to browse. Visit Salt Marsh Antiques & Todd Farm Antiques during your stay, as well as the Wenham Tea House.
There are many excellent restaurants in the area and we will be happy to provide suggestions or make reservations.
– Bradford Tavern~Rowley,MA.
– Village Pancake House~Rowley, MA.
– Agawam Diner~Rowley, MA.
– American Barbeque~Rowley,MA.
– Clam Box~Rowley,MA.
– Plum Island Grille~Newburyport, MA.
– Mad Martha’s Island Cafe~Newburyport, MA.
– 1640 Hart House~Ipswich
– Bob Lobster~Newbury, MA.
– Woodman’s of Essex
– Periwinkles Restaurant and Bar ~ Essex, MA.
– Ten Center ~ NIXS (New American) ~ Newburyport, MA.
– Michael’s Harborside~Newburyport, MA.
– The Grog ~ Newburyport, MA.
– Agave Mexican Bistro ~ Newburyport, MA.
– Giuseppe’s Fresh Pasta ~ Newburyport, MA.
– Mission Oak Grill ~ Newburyport, MA.
– Black Cow Tap & Grill
Things to Do
The North Shore is a four season destination. We are happy to secure tickets or provide directions to any of the area’s great activities and events.
Some Recommended Local Activities
– 1634 Meadery
– Fire House Stage Company
– Ipswich Cycle — Offering BIKE RENTAL and SERVICES
– Russell Orchards
– Appleton Farms
– Plum Island
– Crane’s Beach
– Willowdale State Forest
– Bradley-Palmer State Park
– Georgetown/Rowley State Park
– Whale Watching
– Rock Climbing
– Bird Watching
– Hiking in Ipswich
– Mountain Biking
– Antique Shopping
– Todd’s Farm Flea Market
– Ipswich Museum
– Salem Witch Museum
– Horseback Riding