Families have been canoeing the Ipswich River, and staying at our Inn while doing so, for well over a century. We invite you to continue the tradition.
TOP TEN AREA ACTIVITIES.
- Canoeing Kayaking in Ipswich and Rowley, within a few miles in either direction.
- Whale Watching in Newburyport & Cape Ann, discounts available for our guests.
- Antique Alley from Essex, to our Inn and beyond. Weekly Flea Market (Seasonal on Sundays)
- Biking & Hiking in abundance. Dow Brook Reservoir within a half mile of our Inn offers miles of trails.
- Cranes Beach is only a few miles away, and was voted in the top ten in New England. Castle Hill at the Crane Estate is a marvel and open to public tours. Thursday night picnics on the great lawn during Summer.
- Bird Watching at Plum Island Bird Sanctuary in Newburyport, or the Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary in Ipswich.
- Farm Stands and farm animals in abundance, including Appleton Farms, Russel Orchard, Marini’s, and Tendercrop.
- Museums and historic house tours, with Ipswich having the largest collection of first and second period homes in US.
- Wine Vineyards and Country Stores within mile.
- Restaurants in abundance, of all types from first class to eat in the rough.